2020 – WOW! COVID. CyberThreats. Kobe… And it is only August. Lots of businesses are worried about the Cyberthreats they have been hearing about. With good reason, unfortunately. ISS has been preparing for this for over 18 months now. We have a Risk Management team that specializes in protection, knowledge, and being prepared in case. As always, ISS is here to help businesses with their tech needs. Reach out for a conversation. 337.506.2100, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soooo, getting back out in the open is around the corner. We Cajuns seem to miss the social interaction of life. ISS has been staying very busy throughout this event and we are very excited to have helped so many customers. We have also added some valuable tools to our toolbox lately. We have Cyber Threat tip sheets and how to find good insurance protection against any breaches should they occur. We have updated and added features to our Catalyst Service offering. These changes benefit you, our customers, to help you and your business achieve its goals. Let’s schedule a call for a short discussion. 337.506.2100 X201, or email@example.com
In this time of remote workers, virtual office, please remember to address the importance of data backup. Remote users may be accessing and storing files on your servers like the past and your backup may be sufficient. But remote users may be accessing and storing files on their computers and how is that being backed up? ISS has solutions for this. Affordable, proven, and easy to implement. ISS – Making IT work since 1999. 337.506.2100. firstname.lastname@example.org Stay Safe!!
So, for years now TeamISS has had the capability to allow working from remote sites. We use computers, VOIP, and apps for supporting our customers, attending virtual meetings, and providing support after hours as necessary.
Remote working can actually be more productive than office work. For example, no water cooler talk, no getting distracted by “drop-in’s”, no concerns about which customer just walked through the door, and so on.
But without discipline, processes, and clear expectations, remote working can be very counter-productive. Your team members MUST understand what their duties are, how to achieve success as it relates your your business, and how you are going to monitor that.
Regular virtual face-to-face meetings are very necessary in a work remotely environment. Without them, team members lose some connectivity and engagement. We use products like Zoom and/or our VOIP phone systems have collaboration and virtual meeting capability built-in – no extra fees, etc.
Help your team to be productive. Make sure they can still share files, still use email, still have access to their phones and regular extensions. No one wants to give out their cell number only to be inundated with company calls after hours, on weekends, etc.
Help your team by enforcing or possibly implementing some rules. For example, everyone is to use email for non-emergent communication and they should check their email 3-4 times throughout the course of the workday. Use instant messaging or texting for more emergent needs. And finally, use direct phone calls when assistance is needed NOW.
And finally, a list of tips for those working remotely and desire to be productive:
- Your computer should be in 100% great working condition. It is one of your most important tools now.
- Have at least 1 external monitor so you don’t get fatigued from a small laptop monitor
- Have a really comfortable and supportive chair to work from
- Make sure your work surface can accommodate the room you need so you can stay clean and organized
- Put whatever steps/rules in place to stay near zero distracted. Many of you are having children home at this time. Let them know that you must work you will have some good quality time later. (And stick to that plan, don’t work non-stop and ignore those you love)
- Noise-cancelling headphones come in very handy in environments like this as well. If you have never tried them, be careful, they are addictive.
- Create Jam Sessions throughout the week. 90 minutes totally dedicated to an important project, task, etc. No email, no phone, no interruptions. You will be surprised how much you can get done.
- Establish routines and stick to them. This will allow you to maximize the hours in your day so you can be productive with work, and effective with your loved ones.
- Establish an Opening and a Closing of your work day. This will help bookend your work so you don’t get “lost”.
- Some people find pretending they are not at home helps.
- When you get ready to begin your workday, shower, dress as if you are going in to the office. Prepare yourself as if your most important customer knock on your door at any time.
- Most people find scheduling blocks of time for work and for personal makes this work environment must easier to manage.
Well, hopefully this information has helped someone to work remotely more easily.
Have a great week!
Happy Friday! Security is at the top of everyone’s minds these days – unfortunately. And cameras seem to be the first solution people think of. Cameras on an alarm system are good & affordable but you need to understand how they work. They detect motion, may take a snapshot, then record clips of video rather than actual videos. So there are “missing” pieces in the footage you review. This may suffice for many people’s needs. True surveillance camera solutions can record 24×7, on a schedule, or as motion is detected. Surveillance solutions record as long as motion is detected and are continuous as opposed to the previous clip explanation. This is important to remember depending on what you are wanting to accomplish with your camera solution. ISS also now has camera solutions for 1, 2, 3 etc. cameras that do not require a local recorder but will record to the cloud. There are some limitations but this may be an feasible and affordable solution for your needs as well. If you are interested, please contact us at email@example.com, http://iss-central.com/index.php/contact, or 337.506.2100.
In today’s busy world, we communicate constantly. Email, text, tweet, instagram, snapchat….. But do we CONNECT? I every aspect of our lives – Work, Family, Friends – we MUST connect. Physically listen, be in the presence of people, shake hands, give a pat on the back….. It’s impossible to have true relationships with connecting. Take time to connect. Have a great day. ISS – We love you – 337.506.2100
So, to clear up a common misconception: Technology advances are not reducing the number of jobs for real people. Technology is changing job roles but creating more opportunities for people. “Even in an age of advanced technology, the present and the future will always belong to human potential” Get out there, learn how to effectively use technology and the world is at your fingertips. ISS 337.506.2100 “Making IT Work since 1999”
Business owners, do you have an old phone system. ISS has VOIP phone systems with many models of phones to choose from. Lots of features all included. Very affordable. Very professional. Give your business phone system an upgrade. Call ISS. 337.506.2100 firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that Microsoft will NEVER call you unless you have contacted them and requested support assistance. If you receive a call from “Microsoft” or any anti-virus support person explaining that they have detected problems with your computer and would like to login to your computer to fix it – HANG UP THE PHONE. This is NEVER going to be a legitimate call. If you are concerned about calls or emails similar to this, contact your computer IT company and get some real clarification. Have a great day. ISS 337.506.2100